cptbuzz

Are there any builders out there that have used the Sikaplex on an RV4 or a Harmon Rocket canopy? I certainly like this method much better than drilling holes into the plexiglass. I know that there are RV7 builders that have used this product, but I would like to know if it can be done on a -4. I also understand that probably the canopy would have to be changed a bit, and I am good with that, as I am not a fan of the -4 or HR2 canopies.:cool:

Buzz

I plan to do it, based on my research, it is challenging because there is less surface contact for the adhesive given how small in diameter the frame is

I am not a fan of the way the RV4 and HR2 canopies are built, I want to change that all the way around and see if I can build it a different way, using the silkaplex instead of drilling holes.

Film at 11 :)

Hey Scott, use the search function and the term "Sikaflex", and you'll find hours of good reading on the topic.

SIKAFLEX

Hi Buzz

I've done it on my -4 last year and it will be the way to go from now on..Fairly easy to apply but make sure to cover the canopy really good.If it get in contact with the canopy it is really hard to remove without damaging the canopy..

Don't use screws or rivets to hold the canopy, they're not required. I used only 4 really small screws just to secure the canopy and guess what it cracked just above the screw...Really small crack but a crack still bummer..

Good luck

Bruno