apatti

Well Known Member
A question for those of you that used Sika on the canopy faring to canopy joint... How did you get the fairing to stay secure against the canopy while the Sika dried? My fairing is close (now that I've spent a couple of weeks on it). However, it does want to separate from the canopy a little as it works its way aft.

Thanks,

clecos

drilled the skirt the spacer and the frame glued the spacer in pulled the cleco out the next day and patched the small hole Worked good

Tony, I'm back to building! Actually my first act was to spill a Bud in the cockpit and wet vac it back out. I'm going to try to take a wing off this weekend and nutplate the edge. Got to get those wings off to work on the canopy. As to the skirts I figure a few clecos would do it or a ton of duct tape. Maybe a combo of the two. Have you put the canopy on the fuselage yet ? Does the extra weight of the glass, glue and skirts change how easy it slides? And does it butt up well to the windshield roll bar ? I'm excited at your progress. Have you received you engine from Penn yet ? You know your welcome to store it at my shop while you building along. I promise it will be well cared for. Ha. Best blue sky's, Bill

Tony, ... Have you received you engine from Penn yet ? You know your welcome to store it at my shop while you building along. I promise it will be well cared for. Ha. Best blue sky's, Bill

I am thinking of taking Bill up on his offer. I just need to check out a few things first.

1) Does anyone know of a way of securing an engine so it can't be mounted to another airframe?
2) Also, is there a "squatter's rights" law with regard to engines?

You can't be too careful, ya know! :D