BlackRV7

Well Known Member
It is now time to start the process of installing the windscreen on Black Magic. I am only gluing on the windscreen, as I am able to reuse the slider portion of the original canopy.

1. Will I need more than one tube of 295UV for just the windscreen?

2. Anybody have any leftover 226 Cleaner and/or 209N Primer even 295UV you want to sell?

It is now time to start the process of installing the windscreen on Black Magic. I am only gluing on the windscreen, as I am able to reuse the slider portion of the original canopy.

1. Will I need more than one tube of 295UV for just the windscreen?

2. Anybody have any leftover 226 Cleaner and/or 209N Primer even 295UV you want to sell?

Hey Dana, glad to see your making good progress on Black Magic. I shared your horror and pain when you posted the photos of the incident. Unbelievable! Your to be commended for your will to keep at it after such an incident. So, hey, that gives me a chance to help out and get you back in the air after your teaser of a start. I have a leftover tube of 295UV and the other items on your list, and...well..being just a 45 minute flight up the road a piece, how 'bout I fly 'em up there so you can have a productive weekend and one step closer to being back in the air? It either that, or spend the next several hours sanding the fiberglass on my windscreen. Even if I'm only flying a spam can, it's still flying. Give me a shout. 865-803-7851

Dana,

I only used one tube to put my windscreen on and had originally purchased two. I'll be at my hanger later this evening and see how much primer and cleaner I have left. You are welcome to all of it. Shoot me a private message with your address and I'll send them to you.

What can I say?

This gang never ceases to amaze me. I now have in hand, thanks to Greg, a tube of Sikaflex 295UV, a can of Primer-209N and a can of Sika-Aktivator and Mike is checking his hangar for any remaining cleaner. Not quite like Doug getting a 3 emp, but just as good for me right now!!

Thanks gang, with all your help, Black Magic is getting ready to spread her wings shortly!!

Black Magic

Dana:

Sure wish we had met up at the North Carolina Outer Banks that week-end.

Glad things are progressing well.:D

February is comming up soon! Any plans???

Dana:
February is coming up soon! Any plans???

Yeh, what is the word on February. I should have my 7A finally flying by then. It was sure nice of you to postpone this years flyin to next year so I can make it :D

Dana, I used one tube (slider) but will need a little more for the rear skirt and to apply the finish filets. Also, I would avoid using old primer (6 months +) as it tends to get lumpy and not flow well. As you know, this it what you see from inside the canopy and it needs to be as smooth as possible.

http://www.flightinnovations.com/canopy.html#Gluing_the_Windscreen

081018.JPG