Veetail88

Well Known Member
For all you Sika users out there, is there much odor from the process?

I'm planning on attaching the canopy to the frame very soon and as it drops to 40 degrees F in the hanger I thought it might be best to bring the parts home and do it in the basement.

Of course though, my wife isn't going to be too happy if I introduce stinky, possibly flammable or noxious fumes into the house. :(

Nope! No fumes!

The wife will be more upset when you come in from the garage into the house with a bunch of Sika on your hand :D

Good Luck!

Just finished the windshield in the 3 car garage (heated). I wouldn't call it "fumes", but it definately has a smell. It is strong enough that I'd go out to work, come home, open up the garage and drive in and immediately smell it in my car. I could tell when it finally cured when the smell greatly reduced. It was cured to the touch in 2 days, but took 6-7 to stop smelling.

It isn't a bad odor, but it is an odor.

Nope! No fumes!

The wife will be more upset when you come in from the garage into the house with a bunch of Sika on your hand :D

Good Luck!

It only takes a week to ware off. Just wear nitile gloves..no problem. :)

BTW, the cleaner has the strongest fumes (alcohol). Nothing nastey. But you will want to have a fresh air source with this product
and many other products we use in the fabrication of our planes.

Last edited: