I'm getting ready to make "The Big Cut" and start on my canopy. I'm still debating about Sika-Flex or the standard Van's method. I have read a lot of various inquires and opinions on this link but is there a link with instructions on the procedures required for bonding with Sika-Flex? I'm doing a RV-8 slider.

lots of info

Tom,

If you do a search here on the forums you will find lots of information about the sika flex method. Mickey Coggins has a website that is very helpful as well.

Sika Flex

I just finished and I my mind it is the only way to go. It seems so much stronger, like an integral unit with the frame when you are done. All the RV at our air park have crack at the pops somewhere. Follow the instruction from any of the pioneers, you must have at least a 1/8 gap and use big fillets. Here is my site, look under canopy

www.mykitlog.com/carlbell

I Sika'd mine, liked it and think I could do a better job easily the second time. Here's the best link I've found; it includes links to buy the stuff and info sheets. The only advice I'd give is do a practice piece with some scrap aluminum and plexi; you can do that early in the process while you are still trimming and fitting. Then you'll have a better idea of how the application will go. Like fiberglas work, patience really pays off here.