N941WR

Legacy Member
In the RV world, Sigtronics seems to get a bad wrap and I'm curious why that is?

I've installed a Sigtronics 200S in my -9 and find it works great. No, I did not replace their wiring harness with shielded wire and find there is no need to do so.

I have had Sigtronics intercoms in all of my airplanes and they have worked flawlessly. These include a SNJ, Pitts, Nanchang CJ6 and my RV 7. We also put them in a couple of TBMs an N3N, Acroduster and Christen Eagle. Have flown airplanes with other brands and some worked ok and some not. If the Sigtronics wiring diagram is followed they work great. Don

I've owned several Sigtronics intercoms and find they work just fine. I've got a SPA 400 in my Cessna 152 that I installed over 20 years ago, and it has worked flawlessly. I think they are a good value for the money. tom

I have one in my 9A, along with the AMX-1A audio bus that connects directly to it (see it here). The combination makes it really easy to hook up most of the audio sources in an RV cockpit.

The audio system in an airplane is one of the most complex wiring problems because of all of the shields and grounds and the number of instruments connected.

Full disclosure: I designed the AMX-1A and its sold by Rich Meske at Aircraft Extras.

Vern

I personally know the owner of Sigtronics, you know that T-28 in their ads? Thats his, he has a Sig intercom in it, and uses his headsets. Same goes for his T-34 and 210. I installed a 200s in a Ercoupe and LOVE the simplicity of the wiring and how well it worked in the high noise environment.

The main thing I think he is missing is an audio selector built in ala PS Engineering, but he's an stubborn old fart in that way and won't make one, even with continuous hinting... So off I go to install another PSe 4000 Audio panel in an airplane...

If you don't need an audio selector, I'd take a Sigtronics over PSe just because of their wiring harness and the fact that everything is built 15 mins from the Brackett Field where I'm building...