redmark

I'm getting to much back-ground noise (and its loud) in my sidetone while transmitting on the radio... I've tried two different (3G & 30XL) Lightspeed headsets and both seem to pick up a bunch of ambient background noise. Did anyone else have this type of problem? I'm wondering if the SL40 sidetone is fighting with the Flightcom? People can hear me just fine and it happens from both the pilot and co-pilot positions.

Other than the sidetone TX issue... all other inputs/outputs are functioning normally.

Thanks,
-Ron

Sounds like all you need to do is go into the SL40 menu and turn down the sidetone to a comfortable level!

Ron, I have the same issue with my SL-30 and Bose X headsets. I put on my ATP voice and sound just like a pro. But when I'm flying along in cruise, there seems to be an inordinate amount of background noise that is annoying. However, from the times I've asked, I'm told that my transmissions are clear and apparently don't have the background noise that I can hear. I don't often have to repeat myself to ATC.

Not sure what to do about it. I've played with the SL-30 settings, but nothing seems to help. I've just learned to live with it, since it doesn't seem to bother anybody else.

Ron, I have the same issue with my SL-30 and Bose X headsets. I put on my ATP voice and sound just like a pro. But when I'm flying along in cruise, there seems to be an inordinate amount of background noise that is annoying. However, from the times I've asked, I'm told that my transmissions are clear and apparently don't have the background noise that I can hear. I don't often have to repeat myself to ATC.

Not sure what to do about it. I've played with the SL-30 settings, but nothing seems to help. I've just learned to live with it, since it doesn't seem to bother anybody else.

To help improve the signal to noise ratio, try turning down the "volume" on the headsets and turning up the volume on the radio/intercom etc.. With the headsets at max volume you will hear more of the background white noise that comes from these sources.