Norman

I am having difficulty getting a Side Tone adjustment to hold. The manual says to ENT on ?Store Calibration?? but the Store Calibration is ?greyed out? and the cursor will not land on it.
I have spoken to Garmin Tech support who say there has been a recent change and now it is a dealer only setting. I called the dealer and they had never heard of a dealer only setting, they called Garmin who said I had the wrong info, and to try switching off the unit and break both fuses. I?ve done this and the setting still will not hold. Can anyone help?
Many thanks

Norman
RV9

Norman, it's in the instructions :) You have to first choose one of the 3 frequencies.. side tone can be adjusted only when those are selected (on that same screen)... Only then will the Store calibration be available... Do it for all three frequencies..

Radomir is right. The frequencies are 118.00, 127.00, and 136.97. Once you enter those frequencies you will see it is not grayed out any more.

Vic

Thank you

Vic and Radomir Thanks

I should have adopted the old saying 'If all else fails read the instructions'

All working now.

Norman

"forgive my ignorance, what is sidetone?"

It's when you hear yourself in the headset during transmit.

ah, i guess i've never experienced sidetone

If you wear a headset you have heard it. It's the same thing as hearing yourself when you talk on the intercom, if you didn't hear yourself talking at the correct volume level then you talk much louder than normal so you can hear yourself. Ever hear somebody shouting when they have earplugs or headset on? This is do to the lack of aural feedback. The term "sidetone" refers specifically to this feedback durning the comm transmit function.