mculver

Well Known Member
Unable to find any recent threads on shop organization, although there are a few from about three years ago. Am interested in seeing how people organize garage shops that started out full of years of home improvement stuff and boxes of screws, nails, etc.

How did you reorganize all that stuff to make things work for your RV project?

Aircraft Factory

Hi Mike!

This is a shot of my factory right before I added the wing boxes. The large rectangular box went under the cabinets where the clock is. The long longeron box went on top of the cabinets. Now that I'm building the fuselage, the longeron box is still up top with various fuse parts in it and the rectangular wing box has been replaced with the rectangular fuselage box. The large rectangular fuselage box will soon be completely empty and therefore replaced with the finishing kit box.

As you can see, four of the EAA work tables (two on each side) and open space in the center. Right now the fuselage takes up a majority of the space but it's on rollers. I move it to the side and park my motorcycle next to the fuselage when I'm not working on the plane.

All of my tools were pretty much inside the cabinets (where the clock is)when I started the project so I didn't have to make too many concessions there. I'll get a more updated picture to post when I can.

It's kinda funny, with the four tables and all the tools placed on hangers on the peg board - I still feel like I need more space.

Aircraft_Factory_sml.jpg

That's how they organize RV shop in Moscow

A friend of mine is building RV-9A. He is living in Moscow burbs. Before he jumped on the project he build the spacious garage. It took him 2.5 months, a bit of nerves and roubles. Take a look.

alexbeginning.jpg

alex125monthsofwork.jpg

Little office in the corner

office.jpg

Good helper and watchdog is a must to have

husky.jpg

It is appr 30" by 20"

9by6.jpg

and there is room for everything

current.jpg

My Shop... Still in Work

Here's a shot of my work shop...

IMG_0777.JPG

You can read more about setting up my shop on my blog (link in signature below).

vlad

Vlad I just want to take his snowmobile out for a run. That thing looks like it is going 100 MPH just sitting there. We don't get to ride them much here in Florida.

Rich