Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I wondered where all my spring clamps had gone. I thought I was having a senior moment.

Killer-with-clamp1.jpg

missing tools?

My little helpers have just two legs each, but they sure can cause chaos in the shop. Helps me keep a balanced perspective on this airplane building thing.

DSC_2368.JPG

DSC_2434.JPG

OMG

Oh, please tell me you didn't wrap one of your kids up in paper and duct tape just because they were using your die grinder! :eek: I'll bet the other one will fall into line real fast...

Oh, please tell me you didn't wrap one of your kids up in paper and duct tape just because they were using your die grinder! I'll bet the other one will fall into line real fast...

:) I do struggle with such issues. The shop is fairly childproof, but today I stepped out long enough for Joshua to find a sharpie and make art work all over my beautiful fuselage. The boy is fast. Now, we all know that sharpie ink doesn't hurt anything, but I still had a hard time not getting mad at the creative little genius. OK, so I did get mad, kick him out of the shop, and cleaned up part of the mess, but I decided to leave the scribbling that will be under the pilots floorboard. Something to bring back good memories, years down the road.

Helpers

"for Joshua to find a sharpie and make art work all over my beautiful fuselage."

I actually gave mine a sharpie and said go to it. Unfortunately the artwork has faded over the years.

I had a wing

My dad gave me the underside of a wing for my doodeling pleasure. For some reason my mom joined in. Ha ha. Now the plane is flying and all that will be added is some names on the canopy rail (hopefully). My dad wont let me give him a nickname till i get my license ("Only pilots can give other pilots a nickname.") Your day will come dad. I have one picked out that he outwardly doesnt exactly approve of but i know he will go with it. I wont put it up here though. PM me if you really want it. Ha ha.

Andy, he's bored. At that age, they have a huge need to express their urge for discovery and expression. I'd get him a huge stack of paper and some multicolored non-permanent markers and let him go. Throw in some praise here and there, and watch what happens.

Years ago, I was a field service rep for Xerox, and had access to lots of used paper, which I'd take home to my children occasionally. Man, they loved it! And guess what? They all amazed me with their creative talent.

Paul, what a neat little dog. And the look on his face :) No wonder why dogs are man's best friends.

Here is my 7 month old daughter Teagan trying to figure out a way to get in to the plane!

30ig8d4.jpg

I sure hope she never stops wanting to get in to the -7!

- Peter

PS - Her helmet is actually correcting a little flat spot she had on the back of her head. I tried to convince my wife to have them paint it like a fighter pilot's helmet but she drew the line on that one. ...guess I understand.:rolleyes: