Raden

Anyone have the instructions/drawing for modifying the VS nose rib to accomidate the Show Planes fastback. I'm building the VS right now and wanted to build in the clearance needed for the fastback. I've read it needs to move up 5 degrees or so, but wanted some sort of drawing or instructions on how to modify the VS.

I've emailed Show Planes, but thought someone here night have the information handy.

Thanks,

Branden

Five degrees is enough. I couldn't get the original rib to fit right so I made a new one, which is real easy. Trim the forward skin, hold the block up to the trim cut and trace around it, cut it a bit undersize, round off the edge, make a clamp block with index holes, clamp and beat metal.

Can't erase all sign of the original prepunched holes in the skin; some remain after trimming. No big deal.

Last edited:
Stock parts worked for me

Just did mine last month, and as Dan mentioned, you will split the prepunched holes in the skin, but new holes are far enough away to maintain edge distance. My stock rib fit fine.

Sent you PDFs of showplanes manual via email. They show 5 deg, or 175 from edge of skin behind 702, center point being the rear edge of the spar.

Last edited: