MS19087

Well Known Member
Friend
Installing my GTX-327 - is it worth inputting RS-232 from my GPS to turn the unit to active when airborne?? Or is it best just to do it manually . . .

I would hook it up. I have found it to be handy. It also goes to standby automaticaly once you land. No more occasional "not recieving your transponer" calls from atc:D

Goes to ALT but not back

I have mine hooked up and while it goes to ALT automatically just fine it does not seem to go back to SBY consistently, I think others have had the same issue. I figured the ALT part was the most important so I just live with it.

I have mine hooked up and while it goes to ALT automatically just fine it does not seem to go back to SBY consistently, I think others have had the same issue. I figured the ALT part was the most important so I just live with it.

Sounds like you do NOT have GPS data hooked up but only the altitude data. This is the typical symptom when the GTX-327 does not have the GPS data and cannot "see" when ground speed passes 40 kts. It is using the Altitude data to do the transition form STBY to ALT--the reverse is not so reliable with only altitude data.

It will also automatically start and stop your flight timer in the GTX-327 with GPS connected.