704CH

Well Known Member
Hi all, I am sealing up the tanks now and expect to be done with my 7 slow build wings in Apr ? ? ..(Possibly).. That would be 1 year for me from project start date. Not knowing the whole scope, can someone tell me at that pace when I might want the pump for a slow build fuse?

I think it is one of the first components that go in the fuse besides rivets and wiring right? If I know I am going with the andair pump, should I get it now and let it sit until I get to that point? ( Do they Sit well? )

Also, can someone tell me in general for a slow build, is "wings and emp complete" equal to about 1/3 of the project or better? Or to hard to tell based on choices made for Panel and FWF..

Plus, at only the first price break I don't think it is worth it anyway. I would need updated numbers to help determine. Thinking about just waiting at this point.

Thanks !

Chad, I'am building the9A QB and I'am buying the group buy for the Andair pump and filter. DEAD LINE IS dEC 31. Serveral of my builder friends say they wish they would have bought the fuel valve and the pump/filter by Andair. ITS A EASIER INSTALLATION. I just took my Vans fuel selector back to Vans & bought the Andair valve. I got a $25 credit for the vans valve(Looks like something from Home depot plumbing isle) but I still handed out $ 185 more for the Andair valve. Other builders say its well worth it! It looks like it came from a Airbus or boeing aircraft! I'am working on the rudder pedals now. Next will be the vent and brake lines. I got a heads up from other builders to put my fuel lines in at the same time I put the gear webs in. Feel free to ask any questions,Glad to be of help. Buy those items at the discount.Everything helps and I don't think they'll go out of style any time soon. Ron

wait

i have both the pump and valve and track my shop time.

wait until you are much further along... there is a significant amount of work to get to a decision point on the engine and the pump is not even needed for a carburetor. the fuel valve is a must have upgrade from my perspective; get it whenever but vans and acs both stock them so it is not really an issue. the pump can be had at sun-n-fun or oshkosh directly from the andair booth at a good price.

wings and empennage complete has a bit of variation to it... mounting, assembly, fairing, rigging, fiberglass, lighting, wiring, etc... probably closer to 1/4 complete... and then what the heck is complete... first flight, fairings, paint...