Mike D

Well Known Member
What has been done for vertically challenged passengers or pilots? I?m talking around 4?10?. Is there some way to adjust the rudder peddles per side? Strapping blocks to the peddles? But then how do you use the toe breaks?

This is for a -6A with the over head mount type.

Thanks!!

The rudder pedal "blocks" can be moved aft on the longerons. You will have to make a new center brace and also have to shorten the rudder cables. I've done this on a couple of RV-6s.

Thanks Mel.
I am looking more for an adjustable idea. I am still "normal" sized, but the wife is a little on the short side:)

Ideal would for one side for a 5'11" and the other to be for a 4'10" person.

Thanks,

Thanks Mel.
I am looking more for an adjustable idea. I am still "normal" sized, but the wife is a little on the short side:)

Ideal would for one side for a 5'11" and the other to be for a 4'10" person.

Thanks,
How about 4-6" seat cushion? We have one short gal in our club and she has to use quite a thick pillow behind her back in C172 to get to the rudders and it works great for her.

I hereby trademark the unique ExtendoRudder. Quickly bolts to your current RV rudders and allows short people to operate the rudders normally. :)

How about 4-6" seat cushion? We have one short gal in our club and she has to use quite a thick pillow behind her back in C172 to get to the rudders and it works great for her.

A cushion that thick might impinge on getting full stick deflection.
Better to adjust the rudder pedals in some way.

While a good idea on C172 and others, the RVs have a stick. There is only so much pilot/copilot forward positioning that can be done, then the stick gets real uncomfortable, especially on climb :)

Here's a thought...

Mike,

If she is always going to fly on one side, extend the center brace. Then add a 3rd set of rudder pedals to the right side only. These would be aft of the current pedals.

Tie the auxiliary set of pedals to the original set with a short rod and rod end bearings.

You could also add brake pedals the same way.

You could make the tie rods so they are easily removed and a latch so the aux pedals can be flipped up out of the way and secured.

My wife is 5'0," a pilot, and has the same problem. I'm in the last stages of prototyping a system that can extend the pedals (AND brakes) by whatever amount you like (headed to the store this morning for parts). It will cost less than $15 for parts. More to come on the forum soon.

greg

I'm 6'-2" with 5'-2" Pilot Wife

I would be interested in ideas of removable pedal / brake extensions.

Thanks
Alan Jackson