northern454ss

I'm New Here
Hi all, my dream is to build a RV10 in the next few years. But this year I am building a heated shop,my shop will be 34' x 48'x14' high. My question to all of you is what is the smallest overhead door I can get away with to sneak a RV10 thru when project is all done. I know the dimentions of a RV10,but if you would kinda twist and turn it to get thru door I know you could go a lot smaller than the planes total width. I would go large but with minus 40 weather all winter long here smaller only makes sense. Thanks all I was hoping a 20' door would work. Thanks I am sure this is the beginning of many questions that will follow over the next few years.

You can get by with a standard garage door's height easily. You'll need just over 8' of width to roll it straight out.

Bob
RV-10 N442PM (flying)

With a shop like that you'll be spoiled...my 20 X 20 garage with a 7' OH door worked fine but I would have loved to be able to fully assemble it there, no way the VS will fit on mine let alone with the wings on in my garage, my neighbors and other builders were amazed at how much I did do in the garage, I guess I mastered the art of useful space...except I took up about two more square feet myself than I would have liked:p but it does fit really well in the hangar!! :D

Hi thanks for the input but I think my question was misunderstood,its not the hight I am worried about its the width.I would like to assmemble complete plane inside and then roll it out.Like nose it thru the front turn it get one wing thru and then other. I would like to know the minumin door width.Thanks for the quick replys

Hi thanks for the input but I think my question was misunderstood,its not the hight I am worried about its the width.I would like to assmemble complete plane inside and then roll it out.Like nose it thru the front turn it get one wing thru and then other. I would like to know the minumin door width.Thanks for the quick replys

I think the wings are right at 14 feet, with a width of the fuse 4 feet at the widest. so i'd think you'd need probably 20 feet- 14 feet plus 4 feet plus at least a foot of wiggle and angling.