Caummisar

Well Known Member
I know this topic has been hashed over before, but I thought I offer this for future reference.

Having just flipped the canoe!! on my RV-7A, I was looking toward fuel lines. I read the threads on 3003 vs. 5052 tubing and decided I would try working/practicing on some 5052. Because I was placing an order with ACS, I thought I'd have them throw in 12 feet of 5052 tubing.

Luckily I checked the box to provide a shipping quote BEFORE shipping, because the estimate came back as $155 for shipping! Long story short is that the tubing was going to be shipped as oversized because they didn't know if I wanted it coiled or not, which makes it oversized and an extra cost.

With a phone call, I found out why the shipping was so high and I told them to coil it so the shipping went to below $20.

That would have been an expensive lesson. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a ways off from there, but I'll file it away.

I nearly had the same problem but I phoned my order in and the lady taking the order suggested the 6' lengths would be a whole lot cheaper to ship - pretty much like you discovered. My point is, ACS was looking out for me. I think she said if I'd placed the order online they likely would have called to verify I was okay with the shipping. All-in-all I've been consistently pleased with ACS customer service.

Personally, I would not coil the 5052. It is quite stiff and will be a pain to get straight again.

Recommend getting a number of 6' sticks.

I do like ACS, I do like ACS

All-in-all I've been consistently pleased with ACS customer service.

I have been too. I was just pointing out a potential gotcha that comes from my ignorance about how stiff 5052 is and me not foreseeing the oversize shipping charge. :D

I do believe in ghosts; I do believe in ghosts....

ACS...

shipped me 6' sticks (5052) for very reasonable charge. I was actually very pleasantly surprised at the price. Can't say enough good things about ACS service. Really top-notch.

Jim and his team have really done a good job straightening up their customer service and shipping. I love that if your order is in by 4:00 pm, it ships that day.