Dennis_I

Hi, for u European RV builders out there, what have the shipping cost been? and have you gone to the nearest big port to pick it up? i asked my dad but i think the price gone up a bit, his kit got delivered 1983 :eek:

Im looking at ordering a RV-8, and showplanes fastback setup...

If you're buying standard flat-pack, then air-freight isn't unreasonable,
Van's get a good deal with Bax/Schenken. About $500 for wings or fuselage a few years ago.
QBs often demand sea freight. The UK crowd often get together to share a container (see http://rvforum.co.uk//YaBB.pl?board=shipping). A 40 foot container can take quite a lot of kits in one go.

Hi, for u European RV builders out there, what have the shipping cost been?

Just ask Van's. They will give you a shipping quote.

Mine (RV-9 Quickbuild Fuse and Wing) to Austria was USD2300-USD2700. Former to Vienna, latter delivered to the shop. Haven't had the delivery yet.

Thomas

Had a reply from Vans now... 1700$ to the closest harbour, for the complete kit... not bad!

Just need to get an engine so i can order the kit after the Engine spec, The swedish currency is really strong compared to the US Dollar now so it is a good time to order...

I think I paid less than 1000 US$ to Norway. Just remember to insure the shipping. Mine had several damaged parts due to rough handling.

Was thinking of shipping it to Narvik, Only 2 hrs drive from here, but i dont know what will happen with the Norweigian Tax when ure not a part of the EU....

Should be no problem, I guess? Goods are shipped to/from Sweden through Narvik all the time. Probably some paperwork involved, so it is best to contact your local customs office before you do anything.

On a secnd thought. I don't think you can chose the port just like that. If you ship it to Narvik, it may as well go to G?teborg or Oslo first, and then by car up to Narvik depending on what ship it happends to travel across the the atlantic on. It may also go by ship straight to Narvik or via Amsterdam or Liverpool or whatever, but unless you are a shipping agent you have no way of knowing, and certainly not what will be cheapest route.

Straight to your door is probably the best choice.

Seems like they ship to the big ports in Europe, Amsterdam etc, and then onwards from there...