MichRV10

Well Known Member
Just for fun what unusal thing have you built from your kit shipping crates?
I've built shelves, jigs, door trim, welping box for my dogs, and three deer hunting blinds. Like the picture shows.

Jim

Last edited:
Chicken coop

The finish kit crate makes a perfect coop for 4 chickens..:)

Whats even better is that I live 50 miles from Vans so no crating. A buddy of mine LOANED me his finish crate that I screwed to my trailer to load the finish kit into...Then I made a coop out of it...:)

So no crating/shipping charge AND a free chicken coop..I'm a winner!

Training Maze....

I don't have any pictures, and I'd forgotten all about this, but I needed a clever idea for a fire drill at our volunteer department about the same time I had the finish kit box to dispose of. We cut a small opening in each end, built some internal bulkheads and a couple of tricky ramps, and made it a crawl training maze for our firefighters. I wished then that I'd saved the fuselage crate - it would have been much longer!

Paul

walk around

used one of the wing kit boxes for a walk around near the plane. nose wheeler on the gear gets up there. this works purrrrrfect. burnt the rest.
really couldv've used them for the deer stand though but that would've meant more work. :mad:

There is only 1 thing better than flying and that is flying to go deer hunting, golfing,fishing,camping,vacationing,buisness pleasure,check ride,Bla,Bla,Bla.

Jim