MJarreau

Well Known Member
Long time lurker.... I'm thinking of taking the -10 plunge.... Is there any way to get a ballpark price on shipping the various kits?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,
I'm in Ohio so I figure my shipping costs should be 'close' to what you'd pay in Alabama.

I built an RV10 last year and I (read: my little red haired wifey) keep records for all costs associated with each of my projects. My 10 was a quick build fuse/wings with Vans firewall forward kit, new Mattituck, Hartzell B/A prop, Glass Panel with Garmin stack, and Flightline Interior. My total shipping for 'everything'.....including all the misc items from ACS was $3896.29. I'm sure that some folks have done better but I try to plan my orders to minimize shipping and I NEVER had to have anything next day or overnight.

Hope this helps.

Long time lurker.... I'm thinking of taking the -10 plunge.... Is there any way to get a ballpark price on shipping the various kits?

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited:
Shipping Costs...

Vary depending on type of kit and whether or not you require a liftgate truck for home delivery, etc.

I picked my wing and fuselage SB kits up at the ABF freight terminal here in KC and saved a bit; shipping costs were:
Wing kit (Feb 08): $252
Fuselage kit (Apr 08): $292

Partain can give you a price for QB kit delivery and Van's can help with an estimate for your specific situation.

Mike

including all the misc items from ACS was $3896.29. I'm sure that some folks have done better but I try to plan my orders to minimize shipping and I NEVER had to have anything next day or overnight.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Did you charter a B744F for that?

The whole freight cost for Emp by air is AUD $1300 and AUD$5871, so thats around $6800.

And we are a long way down under!

But what the heck........its only freight!

Get stuck into it!

David :)

If you call Van's and talk to the shipping folks they can give you a ballpark cost on the shipping. That's what I did and it came out within a few dollars of what they told me it would be.

PJ Seipel
RV-10 #40032

Shipping

Mike,
I had contemplated picking my kits from Van's, but after shopping around for a truck. time traveling, and motels, it was not cost effective.
There was also the insureance of the kits. Shipped be a carrier, they are insured, me ship, if I rolled the truck over, the kit is a broken pile of aluminum. Van's will get the best deals all the time, as they did with mine.
TT
RV10

Hey that's funny...I got a good chuckle when I read this post :).

But...it's TRUE....the number I quoted was my ACTUAL shipping costs for EVERYTHING that went into a finished and flying RV10....EVERYTHING...not just the kits and engine. Again...I'm not in the habit of tossing $$ away and combined items whenever possible to save shipping costs.

Gas prices are going through the roof but I still like living here in the good ol' US of A :D.

Giterdone!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Did you charter a B744F for that?

The whole freight cost for Emp by air is AUD $1300 and AUD$5871, so thats around $6800.

And we are a long way down under!

But what the heck........its only freight!

Get stuck into it!

David :)