macrafic

Well Known Member
My Infinity stick grip does not have shielded wire attached to the CWS switch. The TruTrak manual indicates that CWS is sensitive and, if I detect interference, I should shield the CWS wire at both ends (switch and A/P control module).

I would like to know what others' experiences have been. I have received a response from TruTrak that they have never seen interference but, it is theoretically possible.

Has ANYBODY seen interference with a non-shielded configuration? I am inclined to take a chance and NOT rewire my stick grip, but knowing that it would be a big pain later. Looking for experiences.

I have installed several TT auto pilots. I always use just a single non shield wire in the control stick and a common ground for all of the functions in the stick. Never had or heard of any problems doing it this way.

I have never used shielded wire for the CWS. It is simply grounding a pin on the TruTrak. I installed one today and it worked perfectly. I did use a shielded pair to run from the stick grip to the auto pilot, but it was an Infinity stick grip. I just used the shielded pair because it was easier to route and connect one wire instead of two. I usually ground the one side locally and run a single wire to the TruTrak (or Dynon, etc.) auto pilot.