Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Hey everyone,

The other day I purchased a sheet metal nibbler air tool from Harbor Freight. The deal was just too good to pass-up... on sale for $27 and a 20% off coupon on top of that (plus a free flashlight :D). First impressions are quite good. The tool cut very well through the thickest aluminum that comes in the shim pack from Vans, was nicely balanced and maneuverable. I think it will come in quite handy. This would have been perfect for opening the lightening holes in the seat ribs to make more room for the control sticks. I used the tool to make the crescent shaped cut in the photo below.

Those devilish little crescent moons

watch out for those little crescent moons it throws everywhere. Those things are sharp and insidious. Make their way into the rubber of your shoes and mark up the floors, in your socks and cut your legs. Everywhere! I've used mine on 0.018" stainless too and it works fine.

I have three of them. All with worn out dies. If someone would make replacement dies I would buy a bag of them.

Steve,

Have you called Central Pneumatic (1-800-444-3353)? They list the cutter and die as replaceable parts (part numbers 30 and 32).

T.