More comments ...

Hello Everybody,

I wanted to let everyone know that after 4 years and 9 months of work, at 3:00 pm today my RV8 passed inspection and at 5:00 pm she FLEW!!! I made 4 landings and flew .8 hour.

I would like to thank my sweet wife Janice for all of her help and support. I could not have done it without her.

David Watson
49FD

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j404/janicefwatson/RVgrin.jpg

Now that I have made SURE that I was first to post a Congrats reply, a bit more ...

1. Where whas that photo taken? :)
2. Did Janice witness it? I recall her being right there through the process, so I suspect it was a big moment for her as well (Hi Janice! :) )
3. Now that it is an "airplane", take your time and enjoy the flying, whether in Phase I or Phase II.
4. Hope to see it around Christmas.

Again, a BIG CONGRATS!! .. From your "homey". :) :D

Congrats!

Way to go! Always good to see a builder get finished--gives me (and probably others) hope that we too will someday fly!

Skyking902001
RV8
Waiting on wings & fuse

Congratulations Dave. Today you experienced a moment all of us dream about. The feeling you got today is incomparable to anything else we might accomplish in this life and the fun really begins now. Fly safe, my friend.

Congrats Dave. We have traded emails several times, but never met up. Now that we are both flying, I need to drop in and visit.

James........thanks for the comment; I'll see you at Christmas. Janice took the picture. I can always count on you to be in the know. Thanks for the first compliment.

Alton.........you are welcome at 49FD anytime. I look forward to meeting you. I look to see if you are inside my "phase 1" territory. If so, I'll give you a ring and come see you.

Todd..........I left 49FD (home) and flew directly to Quincy after getting 3000 feet. I made three landings at Quincy and then took it back home for the shake down inspection.

To all others.........as many have said before; you have no idea how flying your RV for the first time makes you feel. Except for Brian Wallis' RV3, my airplane is the most nimble and responsive I've ever flown. It was well worth all of the long hours and patience. Don't quit; do something everyday and eventually you will almost explode with pride when it leaves the ground.

Vans..........Thanks a million for such a nice toy.

Yippeeee

Great news !!!

Great looking plane!!

Janice and David are the best folks you will ever meet..

Have fun be safe!!!

Tom Longfellow

1st flight

Congratulations! Enjoy phase one = hope it goes well. Hope to join you one day in the next year. Nice going.