blueflyer

Well Known Member
Has anyone used these stickers to dim those LEDs lights that are too bright? I just ordered a pack for $6 that says it will block 50%-80% of light coming off the LED. I am curious to try these for night flight conditions placed over some Legend brand LED lights that I use for dummy lights. As is, the LED dummy lights are way too bright for night flight. I know I could wire in some resistors or a dimmer, but this seems so much easier if it works.

http://www.lightdims.com/store.htm

Last edited:
Not very elegant, but you can also take a Sharpie marker and block out some of the light with a dot, or smear the ink a bit to shade across it. Crude, but it works. IPA will remove it if you add too much ink.

I've found that a layer of the "clear" Brother TZ tape cuts some of the glare from LED's. I use the "unprinted" area of the TZ tape which results when printing panel labels. Works well, and you can add a second layer to dim to the desired brightness level.

I find the high-beam indicators in some cars to be just far, far too bright; the TZ tape knocks them down to a level viable for night driving.

those are all good ideas I haven't thought of. I'm not sure I can open up the legend lights to place anything between the LED and the cover though.

Well my car is too fast when I run it on high octane so I use the lower grade. Kinda the electrical equivalent.

A resistor in series will limit the current and adjust the luminance.

I used some of the lightdims products to darken the LEDs on a burglar alarm keypad in my bedroom. Worked great. You can use more than one to increase the dimming effect until they are the right brightness.

I used some of the lightdims products to darken the LEDs on a burglar alarm keypad in my bedroom. Worked great. You can use more than one to increase the dimming effect until they are the right brightness.

good, glad to hear a positive PIREP on them. thanks.

Vince,
IPA will remove the sharpie markups? Really? What kind of IPA? Sierra Nevada? DogFishHead? Maybe my homebrew IPA? What kind of IPA are you referring to?