tankerbanker

I'm New Here
Does anyone have patterns for sewing front and rear boots on a four? Got a sewing machine at last and want to put it to use.

boot

I don't have a pattern, but I can give you the instructions verbally. You will have 4 triangles. Bottom lengths determined by the square opening for your stick. Add an extra half inch on each side for the seams.Make the back triangle an inch wider than the front. You can cut it in half and use the extra 1/2 inch seam on each half to install a zipper if you want. It will be in the center of the back of the boot facing the panel.You determine the height you want the boot. Check on zipper lengths to match the height of the boot. Sew the triangles together. The bottom of the boot is mounted to the underside of the opening with velcro or contact cement. The top of the boot is turned under to finish it. They really are not hard to make. I would suggest you get some muslin or inexpensive fabric to try it out. Then use your upholstery fabric once you get the pattern correct.