chris mitchell

Well Known Member
Patron
Yesterday, after getting the all clear from my inspector to install the front floor and seat ramp, I tried to finish installing the rear seat pedals. The guide barcket postion is determined by teh previously drilled holes in the mid cabin covers and braces, so there is no way I can see that the brackets are incorrectly installed. However, when I tried to install the actual pushrod assemblies, the bearing on the pushrod end was hard up against teh AN970-3 washer so that it was impossible to complete the installation without bending the pushrod. The only way to get around this problem that I can see will be to install a couple of AN960-10 washers between the area washer and the bearing to give a bit more clearance - which in turn will need longer bolts, - then I'm worried the ends of the bolts will bind on the mid-cabin brace. The only other fix I can see is to redrill the holes in the guide brackets for the snap bushings that the pushrods slide in to move the locations inboard.

I've done a search and not seen this problem referred to - has anyone else had it or have I not assembled something correctly? The instructions make reference to correcting any interference or binding, so I guess my fix is allowed - I just don't like it when something doesn't go together as advertised.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,
You're on the right track. All three of my 8's turned out the same way.
Either add the washers(with longer bolt) or maybe a bigger snap bushing(may require building a new bracket). You might discover once the rudder stops are in, the longer bolt is not an issue.
Good luck,