Tom Horne

Hi,
I've send an email to the Flight Data Systems folks, but I'm setting up a one of their digital RPM gauges and inadvertantly went past the correct number of hours for my airplane. It appears there's no way to back up, so I suspect you just have to keep going until you get to 9999 and then it will start over at zero?

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Tom

FDS T-30 Engine Hours Setting

Since it appears that the T-30 can be set to any desired number of hours, I suggest you go back into set-up mode and try to put in what you want it to start at. Following is from my T-30 Manual:

"Hour Meter Setup: The hour meter can be set to any starting value. To set the hour meter, first PRESS and HOLD the Action Button. While continuing to hold the Action button, PRESS and HOLD the Mode button until "hr" is displayed.

Initially the hours will be flashing. Set the desired enging hours with the Action button. Press the Mode to advance to setting minutes. Next, minutes and seconds will be flashing (XX:XX). Set the desired engine minutes with the Action button. Press the Mode again to complete and save the settings."

Is that clear as mud? Or wait until tomorrow and they are very understanding and helpful on the phone.

T-30

I just got a reply from FDS and it's as I suspected. It rolls over to 0 when you go past 9999 hours.

Thanks,
Tom