pilot28906

Well Known Member
I am working on the wings and have the servo bracket installed but no servo. I wanted to wait later to purchase this but thought it would be a good time to run the wires for the servo in the conduit and to the servo location. I am planning on a Dynon but not sure which one and I understand that the wires for the Skyview are different than for the D models. Have most people purchased the servos and installed before closing up the wings. Getting the wires from the conduit to the servo seems difficult with the skins on. How have you done this with putting the servo install off until later?

Thansk,

I just installed my Skyview servos about a month ago. After 250 hours of flying. I ran the wires (7 wire twisted) when I built the wings. It was not problem connecting them to the servos. A bit of snake skin, spiral rap and a dozen butt splices. I installed both servos (brackets and all), including wiring and op checks, in about 6 hours. Really not a terrible job. I left about 2 feet of wire coiled and stowed when I built the wings.

I just installed the Dynon servos in a closed wing. Although I am not flying yet I had to de-install the Blue Mountain servos I had put in when they went belly up. The servos and wiring are the same for all Dynon products now, only different if you have older servos and you're trying to upgrade to Skyview. I had no problem installing the servo in my closed wing and pulling the wires through the conduit. It was really much easier, lighter, and altogether a better install than what I had in there previously. We are lucky that Dynon makes brackets for our airplane and it is a snap to install.