ARJAY

I'm switching old TRU-TRAK a/p servos for GARMIN GSA28 pitch and roll servos and want to know if the new mounting kits will adapt without major surgery.
Thanks, RJ.

I assume your asking for the 9A correct? If so:

Typically the pitch servo bracket will work fine. The roll bracket brace however has some interference issues with the angled brace part of the mount.

I tried to buy just the part I needed but found that problematic and ended up just buying the entire roll servo mount kit from Garmin. Very easy to swap out.

Yep.

If you are asking if the new mount kits will fit in the place of the old ones, yes. We just went through this with a 7 and I just put the new Garmin mounts in an 8 to refit to full G3X and auto pilot system. As has been said the pitch brackets of the two makers will accept either servo with little to no changes. The roll bracket if it is the one in the wing at the bell crank, just needs a small knee brace change-out. The problem is that you can't just buy the small brace by itself. Suppliers will only sell you the whole kit. That's around $75 for the kit. If you get a peace of .04 or .05 4130 plate, you can make the small brace in short order though. Are you can do as the gentleman did with the 7, just buy the kit from Spruce and keep going. The kit for the roll mount bolts to the lower two and one of the upper bell crank bracket bolts anyway and there is on big deal to change them out. You can go to the Garmin G3X installation manual on their site and look at all the details. Hope this helps. Yours as always. R.E.A. III #80888