ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
I've seen some examples of primer line installations and I've seen service loops in the lines. Where are these located typically? I'd think they would be at the interface of two parts that move which I think would be the engine and the engine mount. Is this correct?

So, from the primer solonoid, I'd run the line up the motor mount to the point at which it transitions to the engine. At this transition point is where I put the loop right?

How big do you make the loop? Is there only one loop?

On a related topic, how the heck do you get those plugs out of the engine? You know, the ones that you take out and replace with the primer nozzles. I have an old engine and man, they are like welded on. They scoff at the sight of my open ended wrench. I'd hate to start going at them with Vice Grips!!!

Thanks

Primer lines

Kelly
I placed one vibration loop in the copper line between the gascolator and the solenoid. I used a spare braided line after that so that portion isnt applicable to your situation.

When I removed the 1/8 NPT plugs in the primer and MP ports I ended up having to use a heat a drill and a screw extractor to remove 3 of them. If you go this route remember to remove the intake manifold so the swarf doesnt end up inside.
Matt