WingedFrog

Well Known Member
My global Kit number is 0395. I received the empennage in June 2010. Today I received the fuselage kit which has an individual serial number carved into the F 1204 center section assy: 0358. This seems to indicate that I am a bit ahead of the building game, especially if you consider that a few get all subkits at the same time.
On the other hand the main spar assemblies of the wings (received in October 2010) had the following SNs: 694 L for the left spar and 807 R for the right spar. I am puzzled by the difference between right and left SNs. As the right spar is consistent with my Kit # (2x395 = 790), I wonder about the left spar: is VANs building more right wing spars than left wing spars?:eek: or did I get a returned/recycled L spar? :mad:
I'm curious to hear other builders numbers :confused:

Spar Storage

My global Kit number is 0395. I received the empennage in June 2010. Today I received the fuselage kit which has an individual serial number carved into the F 1204 center section assy: 0358. This seems to indicate that I am a bit ahead of the building game, especially if you consider that a few get all subkits at the same time.
On the other hand the main spar assemblies of the wings (received in October 2010) had the following SNs: 694 L for the left spar and 807 R for the right spar. I am puzzled by the difference between right and left SNs. As the right spar is consistent with my Kit # (2x395 = 790), I wonder about the left spar: is VANs building more right wing spars than left wing spars?:eek: or did I get a returned/recycled L spar? :mad:
I'm curious to hear other builders numbers :confused:

I?m not sure but It could just be the way they come off the shelf

What does it all mean!

Some large individual parts have serial numbers in-craved on them like your main wing spar. This is for quality control and tracking purposes at Vans and has nothing to do with your aircraft serial number assigned by Vans which starts with 12. For example mine is 120079. This number is also your customer number and is used by Vans to locate your data on their computer like you mailing address.:)

Customer no. not necessarily Aircraft serial no.

I made this assumption when I went to register my -12 in australia with RAAus. I then found on the paperwork prepared by Vans for the FAA another 12**** number shown as Vans aircraft serial no. I had to ask the RAAus to amend their records
Rod