Jaknjoan

Well Known Member
Today was a big day for Serial No. 120146 when she left her birthplace, Independence, Oregon airpark, and went to her permanent home, a new hangar at Salem, Oregon airport. She will remain there overnight and on Monday, September 28, 2009 she will be driven across the street to Salem Autobody and Paintworks to be painted. Her life began as an assortment of parts in mid-November 2008 and ended up as a complete airplane in mid-September 2009.

Attached is a link to photos of this momentous event. The owner is Ron Rende, Salem, Oregon. As you will note from the last photo, 120146 is smiling after going through the birthing process.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jaknjoan/20090927?authkey=Gv1sRgCKatw8zp3uP-wQE#

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you forgot to put the prop & the tail feathers on.

;)

Looks good! What are you doing for paint?

Looks very good Jake. Same question, what is the paint scheme going to look like. BTW, thanks for the info via the phone call on the trim speed issue.

Paint

The colors are going to be red, white and blue. The primary color being white with red and white stripes. How Ron is going to have the scheme executed I am not sure. I will post the finished result, including complete empennage and prop after it's all painted and in the hangar.

Jake

It kinda dawned on me that the plane had a little face on it:)

The spinner was the nose, the two eyes were beside it, and it had a open mouth of wonderment.

I know, quit sniffing the airplane glue!

Postem pics when its painted!