maus92

Well Known Member
I'm getting ready to wire pressure sensors supplied with the G3X system. The wire gauge of the sensors is pretty thick - looks to be about 18AWG. I had planned to make the connection to the 3-wire 24AWG shielded cable with machined pins and sockets and then shrink tube them, but the sensor conductors are too fat. Other than just soldering them together, is there a connector type that I should be using? Some sort of weatherpak device?

Delphi Metripack 150 Series

I think you want Mouser PN 829-12089290 for the socket, and PN 829-12065287 for the connector. They are Delphi Metripack 150 Series connectors. And before you mess up a bunch of sockets and connectors, know that you strip the three wires first, thread them through the connector, crimp the sockets onto the wires, then push them in from the front side. I ruined a couple of connectors and a lot of sockets before I figured out that they install backwards of most other connectors.

In case I wasn't clear: the above connectors replace the Garmin-supplied connectors with tails and allow you to use much smaller (mora appropriate?) wire/cable.

Last edited:
One other plug

We have used the "Seal-All Connectors" that are in the Spruce book on page 584. They are much the same as we see on most of the late modle auto installations. The ones we have put on have worked and lasted so far and seam to be made of good heat resistance material. You may wish to take a look at them as well as others. Yours R.E.A. III #80888