Brantel

Well Known Member
A few months ago I was informed that Sensenich occassionally has what they call MRB props for sale (factory seconds, props with minor flaws, still safe with full warranty etc.)

So I proceeded to get a quote from them and was quoted $1707.50 for a 72FM8S9-1(85)....the exact prop I need for my RV and they said they had a MRB available in that model. I was really interested but I really did not need the prop yet so I did not order it at that time. Today I do need the prop and being ready to order, I asked for an updated quote and availability of a MRB unit.

Today the price is $2481.50 for the same exact MRB prop????

Van's new perfect price is only $2135 ???

I questioned these conflicting quotes and was told that the current quote was correct.

Why would somebody purchase this MRB prop for $346.50 more than a new perfect one from Van's?

Is this model prop frequently used on aircraft other than RV's?

There have been some changes over there

There have been some changes over there . . .I had nearly the same thing occur. A person over there had a specific pricing model for MRB props, not the corp line. Later, with that person out of the picture, Sensenich they told me to go(order from) to Vans because my actual cost would be less. It dropped shipped from PA.

Rick 90432

Are you talking to Ed Z. over there? or someone else? I'd make sure to have Ed on the horn.. he knows the deal...

Sensenich Came Thru!

To show you what a standup company Sensenich must be, after I inquired about the issue with the quotes above, they emailed to let me know that I was originally quoted in error and that the latest quote is the correct pricing. Since the original quote is a few months old, I really figured that I was out of luck...

Today the office manager emails me and tells me that her and her manager had discussed this issue and that they decided to extend the original offer to me!

So I ordered the prop and all is well!

Way to make a customer happy Sensenich!

PS. Ed is no longer with the company....

Co. that still care

It's really nice to see that there are a few companies out there that still care about doing the right thing. In this economy I'm sure it was a hard decision for them. I know that in my Body Shop Business I have to make them from time to time. Good for you Sensenich. I know where I will be purchasing my prop from, when I get that far along in my build. Word of mouth means so much in these tough economic times.

Rich Denton

wow

Wow, thats fast. Ed was in the Sensi booth at OSH. Hard to believe he's gone.
ed helped me out year sago. they took in my 83 inch prop[ 900 hrs] and gave me a new 85 inch prop for free. they would recondition old prop and sell it for a discount to a needy pilot. i love that company and there prop. thanks ed and sensi. :cool:
'

No Surprise Van's Cheaper than Sensenich

The same is true on Hartzell and all other big ticket items as far as I know. They have agreements where Van's is allowed to sell one item to each builder. Hartzell advised me at one time that I should try to sell my F7666 bladed prop to another builder that has not bought the prop yet and get them to order the blended airfoil F7496 bladed prop for me. The current price through Hartzell was quoted to me by Hartzell customer service/technical support as approximately $11,000 for a new 72" prop or $9,000+ for the F7496 blades with a factory overhaul. Since Van's is now recommending F7497 blades you may not be able to get F7496 blades through them anymore.

Bob Axsom

The same is true on Hartzell and all other big ticket items as far as I know. They have agreements where Van's is allowed to sell one item to each builder. Hartzell advised me at one time that I should try to sell my F7666 bladed prop to another builder that has not bought the prop yet and get them to order the blended airfoil F7496 bladed prop for me. The current price through Hartzell was quoted to me by Hartzell customer service/technical support as approximately $11,000 for a new 72" prop or $9,000+ for the F7496 blades with a factory overhaul. Since Van's is now recommending F7497 blades you may not be able to get F7496 blades through them anymore.

Bob Axsom

Bob,

New vs New it is very common for vendors to sell cheaper than manufacturers since most manufacturers want to sell thru dealers and not direct since it cost them less money to let the vendor handle the deal and primary support.

The question came about where the manufacturer was quoting several hundred dollars more than Van's new price on a (MRB) prop. (MRB) props are props that are rulled safe but for one reason or the other do not meet the quality standards for a new prop. In my case, the prop I bought has bushing holes that are a little snug but still usable... Each (MRB) prop has its own reason why it is a (MRB) prop.