Though I haven't had a chance to fly with one yet, I did have a chance to check one out a few weeks ago before the product announcement. It's a really cool headset and certainly a worthy contender against the Bose A20 / Lightspeed Zulu. I think you would be very happy with one. If you're out at AirVenture in a few weeks, PilotMall.com (my company) will have them on display in Hangar B and Hangar C. As well, we have a 30 day return policy if you want to pick one up and take it flying...

Neil

S1 in an rv7

I bought one at OSH to replace an aging Peltor anr. In the test booth I thought the S1 and Zulu were the best but decided to try the digital feature and chose the S1. It is very good in sound reduction in the plane but very different as well. After 450 hrs of learning every sound my plane made I now have to relearn it's sounds. I now hear 'high frequency' sounds I did not hear before, they were probably drowned out before. I really like the blue tooth feature and listening to my iPhones music. One good feature or bad depending how you view it, is an adapt button. When you hit it it readapts to the noise if it changes on you. So when you accelerate on take off you get more noise coming through unless you tap the adapt button on the ear piece.
I have a db app for my iPhone and my rv in cruise measures 99 db, pretty loud! The booths at OSH are only 89-90db! The first batch of S1s shipped(mine) are being replaced because they screw up your gps. The new ones being shipped now are fixed the factory told me.

Last edited: