RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Hello Guys

Any of you guys have any experience with these? They have a 10 yr warranty, which makes them very attractive. I'm leaning toward the HMEC 450. In the running are also the Bose and Lightspeed 30-3G. But since I need two, the Bose are almost out of the question.
Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. I plan on taking advantage of any show specials at OSH.

Jerry

I don't have any experience with the 450, but have been using the HMEC 25KAP at work for the past three years and have been very happy with it. High quality all the way around. It is a smaller, lightweight model primarily for cockpits with fairly low noise levels. However, I plan to switch to the Clarity Aloft or the QuietTechnologies. Take a look at both of those.

I have been using the HMEC 400's for 3 years now in my 9A. They work great and I have no complaints with them. I liked the low profile of the thin headband as I'm tall and can hit the canopy with a good bump. I did end up replacing the ear seals with a set from Oregon Aero which made them very comfortable.

The only thing missing is the cell phone interface that they now have on the 450's.

Thanks for the replies! I just found out the new HMEC 460 is being unveiled at OSH. I've got my eyes on those.
Jerry