szicree

Well Known Member
I see that my oil temp and carb temp senders each have two seemingly identical leads and assume one of the wires is a ground. So, do folks bother taking these all the way to the ground block, or are they simply grounded locally to the engine? If so, to what specifically? I know this is a small thing, but this project is nothing but small things now -- hundreds of them. :eek:

Sendering

I always take the grounds to a common ground, unless it is single wire and grounds through it's base. I'm pretty sure that most of the electrical guys in here will tell you most of the problems with electrical widgets are the grounds. Your right, seems there is endless small tasks towards the end, just keep going it will end. I took 7.5 years to finish my 4.

Randy:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that my oil temp and carb temp senders each have two seemingly identical leads and assume one of the wires is a ground. So, do folks bother taking these all the way to the ground block, or are they simply grounded locally to the engine? If so, to what specifically? I know this is a small thing, but this project is nothing but small things now -- hundreds of them. :eek:

The small things have been kicking my butt for five months now! We grounded locally. We grounded to our engine mount.