Chicago

Due to personal reasons, I have decided to sell my wing and fuselage kit. It's been fun but it looks like I have a buyer for my wings and fuselage. Is there anything specifically I should do to sell my project. Is there a standard bill of sale I should have the buyer fill out or do we just exchange funds and the kit and call it a day with no paperwork. Any advise is welcomed.

Having just bought a project, we went through this, and it is pretty easy. You need to fill out/prepare a bill of sale with buyer and seller's names and addresses, and the new buyer can fax that to Van's. they'll send a license and waiver to be signed and notarized, and that should transfer ownership and the builder number to the new owner.

Paul

Selling project

A Bill of Sale is very important to the Registry folks in OKC when it comes time to get the FAA paperwork moving. The FAA registry folks require a paper trail of the kit from Van's thru each subsequent owner to the final builder. If Van will transfer the Bill of Sale to the new owner, that would be the simple solution. Dan.