dnimigon

I need some help list. I have RV-9 emp (done) and wing kit from Van's. Left wing is 75% done. Weylen Nav/strobe kit, Van's wiring kit, Duckworks landing lights (2). Rayallen elevator trim servo, lots of tools, die sets, C-frame dimpler, bucking bars, Pneumatic riveter from Avery Tools. I have about $12,200 in the kit end of things and about $2300 in tools. This includes no labour and I have other odds and ends I'm throwing in. I've had it advertised many times on Barnstormers and other sites. A few lookers but no one serious. I tell them what I have and what's invested and ask for an offer. Nothing from then on. Not sure what's going on. I'm sure there is lots of RV-9 wanabees out there so what's wrong. I'm selling due to medical reasons. Will never get to fly it. sad but true.Can you guys tell me what's wrong with this picture. I'd take anything reasonable but haven't even had anyone who's willing to offer. I live in Alberta, Canada. I'd even drive it all to the border if need be which is an 7-8 hr. drive.

Just a suggestion and you can take it for what its worth: I personally do not pursue a classified that does not have a selling price and I know a lot of others that won't either. If I see "make offer" I move on. If you want it sold, put a reasonable selling price you want for it and go from there. RV projects are in high demand when the buyer can save a few bucks.

Add the price...

I agree with 9GT. If you have some time, put up a price you would like to have and add "or best offer" and folks will work with you. I'm selling a Mustang (the car not the airplane) to pay for my panel, so I have some time. If you just want it to go, look DEEP in your soul and figure out the bottom price and put it up. Maybe some pain there, but that is how life works sometime.

AND be sure to post here on VAF.

CC :eek:

Remember also that a buyer will have to include the price of shipping. I may be interested in a set of wings, but if they are located half way across the country, shipping or driving out there to get them is a least a grand, and them I'm purchasing sight-unseen. It's a concern for buyers.

If I am going to purchase a set of wings and they are not local, I will need them to be priced well below Van's price after all my shipping prices are factored in. Otherwise why wouldn't I just buy from Van's where I will have no fear of missing parts, poor build quality, etc.?

Just food for thought, I think most people that have sold kits on here will admit they have lost money on them.