RickWoodall

Well Known Member
A question if i can.
I will be ordering my vans lyco deal shortly. The prop combo discount means i can basically get a sens fixed pitch prop for $1000 out the door.
I dont need it, i just got my very very pretty CATTO in.

Should i buy it for 1000 and resell it here, keep it for a spare or if something happens with the catto, or just save the 1000?

Would there be a market for say $1500 or so for a brand new sens prop? Any comments welcome. Thanks.

My guess would be...

Yes, there is most likely a market. Several years ago Ann won the Sensenich prop at LOE. We had just purchased our Catto. I put the Sensenich on this website.
However, it did take almost 20 minutes to sell.

There might be a market...

...but it seems you would violate your signed OEM agreement with Vans....

From the "Package Deal" info on Vans web site....

This discount is applicable on ?bundled? purchases where an Experimental Lycoming engine is purchased in conjunction with a Hartzell, MT or Sensenich propeller direct through Van?s Aircraft, Inc. The engine and propeller must be installed on the corresponding airplane as outlined in our OEM agreements. Please see other applicable restrictions on the engine and propeller order forms.

These OEM agreements are how we all get good prices from Vans....:)

Good point Gil. I wasn't thinking about that. The prop that Ann won had no such strings.