Mohammed

Patron
Hello

My name is Mohammed and I am from Saudi Arabia. I believe that I am the 1st one in the region who is interested in Vans aircraft and hopefully the 1st one to build one :)

I just joined the forum but I have been reading the forum and building logs for about a year now and have the general idea what it takes to build an RV.

Although sometimes I have self debate to go for RV7, I am going for an RV8 (well, up till now) and already got the Review Plans for it..

I am not sure that I'll we be able to start this year as I am busy doing my master degree and have a full time job so the plan to start next year in the spring when I finish my degree and start working on my PPL the same time.. For the time being I'll continue my researches and maybe get the tools.

Regards,
Mohammed

Let me be the first to say welcome!

Nice to meet you and wishing you well with the building of your RV. I know somebody in Saudi Arabia now!

Best,
Doug

Last edited:
Welcome!

Lots of great information and folks here. Just close your eyes, hold your breath and jump in!!

I'll second that!

Welcome Mohammed. Best of luck on your decisions.
What are the regulations like regarding Amateur Built Experimantal aircraft in Saudi Arabia?

Welcome

Mohammed,

Let me join the other posters in welcoming you here to VAF. This site is a great resource for an RV builder.

Enjoy the journey

Mohammed,

You'll enjoy the community here as you undertake your build. They're a great bunch of people. As for me, I've learned tremendous amounts from the many international builders and flyers as they've related how their experiences are sometimes very common with mine and other times very different. I hope you return often.

--Stephen

Years ago, when an individual wanted to build an airplane in their home, the only resources they had available were an Aircraft Spruce catalog and (hopefully) an EAA chapter to find some folks that had something similar. If you weren't close to someone that had done it before - good luck! Now, in the age of the internet, a person in a country with no established homebuilders at all can link to the entire WORLD of folks that have done it and are now willing to lend a hand...isn't that amazing?!

Welcome aboard!

Paul

Last edited:
@Doug
Thank you for the warm welcome.. You got a wonderful site!

@Av8torTom
Thank you :)

@ColoCardinal
Thank you Carl. Actually when you read the civil aviation authority regulations for parts and products certification it explicitly refer to FAA 14 CFR section 21.193 but this is on paper. In reality they are very difficult to deal with and you really need someone inside (which I am trying to find).

@RV7Ron, Mike S, tonyjohnson and fatherson
Thank you guys for the warm welcome and advice :)

@Ironflight

Thank you Paul for the warm welcome.. What you have said is spot on! Btw your 8 is one of my inspirations to go down the 8 route

Mohammed