Dangerous Dan

I am hoping to plan an introduction ride or lessons in an RV-4.
Planning to be in USA mid April to end of May 2008
I will be flying My Tri-Pacer from WV (W99) to Ca (VNY) my two bases for this upcoming Vacation. Any place along the way is good for me.
I wiegh 160Lbs, 5'10" tall. Thanks, Dan

Last edited:
Dan,
I can't give instruction but would be more than happy to give you a ride in my RV-4. The only rear seat control I've got is the stick, but I'd be more than happy to give some back seat time to anyone serving our country in Iraq. I'm located in Graham TX (KRPH).

BTW - I'm an ex 150hp TriPacer owner myself.

Same here....

.....Dan. Thanks for your service...and please pass this on to all your buddies...thank you. You're welcome to stop by here (just south of Augusta, Ga) for an RV-4 ride. We're at 2J3.

Regards, stay safe,

welcome here too!

I'm just finishing phase one but by the summer mine will be available for rides.also have an extra room if you ned a place to stay.

Thank you!

Guys,

I am so happy right now! After enjoying this site for months and wondering how or if I would get to see an RV up close during my time home.

Craig, riding in an RV-51 over texas will probably be a feeling that is a bit beyond an RV grin. Just seems so dang, you know, AMERICAN :D
Weeeeeeee!

I am not too concerned about feeling the controls. I have learned allot about the handling qualities through the stories and photos you all share on the VAF website (Inet too slow for the videos). I really need to actually see and touch the now mythical airplane that keeps obsessing me in my off time.

Hope you have not forgotton how to push an old "rag wing" around the sky. Be ready to share some stories about the days when the plane you flew was cloth and you were made of metal ;)

Hope to see you in about 96 days or so depending on ..well...Lots of stuff.

Thanks again, Dan

You volunteerd too

Pierre,

I just finshed using skyvector.com to look at routes. Seems that Louisville Municipal will also be on my track. If timing works out with you.

It is a bit early but, how do I go about scheduling a lesson or two?

The chart seems to indicate no fuel available at your airport, is that correct?

Thanks, Dan

Visit..

.......www.safeair1.com, Dan. Then scroll down to RV transition training. Click on the windsock for Georgia and all my info is there.

It looks like we might have fuel by then, since they've finished the new terminal building and ramp. If not, fuel is available 24 miles west of here on your way at OKZ, another multiple RV builder is the FBO there with two being built right now. BTW, no charge for a free RV ride, either the -4 or my -6A, or both.

Regards,

Last edited:
I've got an RV-4 and a spare bedroom in So Illinois at MWA. If I can help let me know. I'd be more than happy to give you a joy ride and put you up overnight as I'm guessing the TriPacer won't go coast to coast in a day.;)

OOPS wait a minute

Hey guys, I am not in the military:eek:.

Yes I live and work here in Iraq with the US Army. I am NOT a service member.
A co-worker suggested I have shared too much. Hope It's fixed now.
Sorry if I have decieved you all in anyway. It was not my intent.
My appologies. But I am not giving back your invitations :p
Just joking.
Dan

Last edited: