rolivi

Well Known Member
Sponsor
So on the way to Oshkosh a few us of stopped at DMO for fuel, break, weather update.

I, and others, puzzled over how the fuel farm's grounding mechanism worked. I must admit it looked odd and I didn't understand it, but I kept the metal bob on the wing like that was taking care of it?

Anyway, today I finally called the airport and asked how the heck it is supposed to work and the guy told me, "I don't either. We had it removed and installed a reel like everywhere else"

Anyway... DMO is a nice fuel stop if you're out that way.

edit: Real, Reel, Really?

Last edited:
We stopped at Monett, MO

On the way home from OSH...

Southwest of Springfield...nice, long runway, cheap self-serve and clean restrooms. Not much traffic (or anything else going on there) and it was a speedy turn-was in/out in 30 minutes...

Going up, I have gotten great service from the folks at Walnut Ridge, AR...have been fed free (twice) by them, gotten full serve gas at self-serve price and last time they gave us a couple of free t-shirts too! Very clean facilities-wife approved!

Dandy WWII museum just a short walk from the FBO and then there's the Parachute Inn restaurant (converted out of an old Southwest 737 airliner) next door, which I still haven't had time to eat at.

Two thumbs up for a food/fuel/potty stop...

Last edited: