flickroll

Well Known Member
I intend to use safety wire to secure the lower baffles. I have read that the wire needs to be inside nylon tubing to prevent chafing on adjacent parts. Which is the correct tubing for this application, Nylo-Seal, Nyla-Flow, or something else? This is a high heat environment that could cause the incorrect tubing to melt. Thanks

The stuff that Van's sends for the brake hoses inside the cockpit works great, no sign of meltin so far!!!! I used braided hoses for the brakes so I had a bunch left over..

Aluminum tubing

I used .041 safety wire inside some 1/8" aluminum tubing. Two annuals so far and it's holding up great!

Any chance of a picture of what you have done, wont the wire "cut into the aluminium where it goes through the hole??:confused:

Securing

Any chance of a picture of what you have done, wont the wire "cut into the aluminium where it goes through the hole??:confused:

Use monel pop rivets to re-enforce the aluminum where the wire goes through.I dont recall the part number. Knock the mandrel out, and pass the wire through. Should last as long as the baffle.