BlackRV7

Well Known Member
Heck I liked the subject line "changing my pants":)

Hey there, I got my new Hooker................Harness belts last week, just a little over a week after talking with them on the phone after participating in the group purchase.....anyway good job Hooker. Anybody got a URL showing a homemade, or Van's, crotch belt anchoring "system". It is for a 7.

Thanks,

Dana Overall
Richmond, KY i39
RV-7, Black Magic

You may wanna just order the kit from Vans.. comes with a drawing.. it should be all you need.

Dana,
I just finished installing a set of Van's anchors in my -9A. Here's a before and after shot. Installation is pretty straight forward. I don't have my seat belts yet but the crotch strap simply bolts to the anchor. All hardware including the bolts are included in the kit for around $25 for the pair.

Rick Schwandt
RV-9A Fuselage
www.rjsflyer.com

020306001.jpg

022206006.jpg

You said Hooker-- I recall Walter saying the belt was too big and he had a hole mismatch or something.

I really like my 5th belt that I put in a week or two ago. Comes in handy at the top of a roll.

Had wiring in the way so plan ahead.

FWIW

Where do you find the anchors

Tried finding the anchor kit on Vans site.... do you have a part number? :confused:

It's on the Vans Seat Belt page

It's easy to miss, but it just calleds "Crotch Strap Kit". The last entry on page 60 of the 2005 catalog - $27.85. I was working on mine tonight. You might want to make the gap between the plates a little bigger than the .125" that the plans call for. I did the left side at .125, but added an extra .032 spacer on the right and it's a better fit for the Hooker belt.

Thanks! It is now on order. I appreciate the tip on the spacing too... I need all the helpful hints I can get!! :eek: