Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Plans (7A) call for using "foam" between the floor and the cover to secure the fuel and brake lines. I was thinking of using Adel clamps on short Click--Bond studs, but now I'm thinking differently (I already have other uses for the Click-Bonds in mind)...but...what sort of "foam" are people using here? I dno't want something that will age and disintegrate, etc.

Ideas? Pictures?

I used the black/blue foam that was packed around the ends of my wing spars. I trimmed the foam with a razor then slipped 2 thin pieces under the fuel and brake lines. Another 2 pieces above the lines to make the sandwich and it was good to go.

Nylon Block

Just used rectangular nylon blocks which I split with a band saw and then clamped back together and drilled holes thru for the fuel lines. Held together in the middle by a single c-sunk (both sides) machine screw and nut. IIRC, the height of the block was approx. .750, which allowed it to fit well in the tunnel, length was cut to fit between the stringers and depth was only about an inch. Nylon was purchased from the scrap bin of a local plastics distributor.
Terry, CFI
RV-9A N323TP