prkaye

Well Known Member
Regarding the Safeair flexible pitot/AOA hoses... should I do anything to secure this as it passes through the wing ribs? If I tie it to the ribs themselves, I'm concerned the edges of the lightening holes might chafe the hose. I suppose I could drill holes in the ribs and put in bushings, but wonder if this is overkill? What have others done?

Hose

Phil:

Drill the holes in the ribs, install the nylon snap bushings from Van's and slip the tubing through. That is the best way----my Dos Centavos.

Regarding the Safeair flexible pitot/AOA hoses... should I do anything to secure this as it passes through the wing ribs? If I tie it to the ribs themselves, I'm concerned the edges of the lightening holes might chafe the hose. I suppose I could drill holes in the ribs and put in bushings, but wonder if this is overkill? What have others done?
You might notice that the SafeAir kit includes bushings for exactly this purpose. At least mine did. Of course they have to be protected from chafing, as does everything else put in the wings. If you didn't get those bushings, call SafeAir (they probably just left them out) or just order the appropriate size from Spruce (1/4" i.d.).