LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I just bought an Aerox oxygen system. I'd be interested in seeing images of how people are securing it in the cabin (especially of a 7A) while still allowing easy access to the controls.

right behind vertical flap strut brace, bonehead composites makes a great O2 holder out of carbon, makes it real easy

I rolled my own o2 and was reading not long ago here in the archives about mounting. Seemed the best system i saw was the tank in the baggage aread, pass side, mounted onto the flap rod cover. the cover comes off, a nice backing plate was made and the builder went to harbour frieght and found some nice tank brackets. they looked like large trident gear clamps. Looked simple, cheap and secure. Hopefully someone will post a pic, i dont have time this am to search and find what i had found previously. sorry.

I don't have access to my pictures right now, but I installed it directly behind the passenger seat, attached to the side panel. I removed the panel and added .32 aluminum stiffeners riveted to the panel and then put nutplates into the side panel/stiffeners. I then bolted the brackets for the circular bottle clamps into the nutplates. I also use a piece of silicone baffle material under the tank on the floor. It's probably overkill but I screwed the floor down rather than riveting it and I was picturing the screw heads working on the bottom of the aluminum bottle so I used the baffle matial as a cushion.

I can reach the bottle in flight and turn the valve on and off. I don't think I could contort enough to do that with it located anywhere else, but I'm not very limber:D

If none of this makes sense chalk it up to jet lag...SFO to Macau and arrived yesterday...or is it tomorrow?