dwilson

Well Known Member
Bought Gretz heated pitot tube and installed it. No problem! But, I am having trouble figuring out how to mount the annunciator lights in my panel.

I drilled 3 holes just above my pitot heat switch. The LEDs fit nicely in the holes and protrude a short distance out of the panel.

But I can't figure out how to secure the PCB and wire behind the panel.
Can someone give me some advice or show me a picture?

Thanks,

Duane Wilson

I was wondering the same thing. I don't have the pitot tube yet, but was thinking of using something like this LED bezel to secure the unit to the panel:
ledwire.jpg

That will hold the 3 LEDs securely to the panel. You can find them at Digikey.

Dave

Davepar said:
I was wondering the same thing. I don't have the pitot tube yet, but was thinking of using something like this LED bezel to secure the unit to the panel:

That will hold the 3 LEDs securely to the panel. You can find them at Digikey.

Dave

Try your local Radio Shack first for the same thing....

gil in Tucson

The Gretz heated pitot arrived last week. I took a look at that little circuit board for the LEDs. All it does is distribute the 3 signals to the 3 LEDs via 3 resistors. One could cut the board out and just solder the resistor + LED to the ends of the wires and cover it with shrinkwrap. (See picture above for an example.) That would provide much more flexibility in mounting. Just make sure to maintain the polarity of the LEDs. If I go this route (and I might), I'll post pictures.

Dave