bhassel

Well Known Member
I must be missing something...

I'm installing the position lights but can't find the pin out for what wire/pin goes into the molex connectors.

I've gone through Chapter 40 light kit but can't find it.

Bob

If you're talking about the molex connector at the wingtip, it doesn't matter which way you order the wires as you will match the colour coded wires coming from the light to the relevant wire in the connector.

If you're talking about the molex connector at the wingtip, it doesn't matter which way you order the wires as you will match the colour coded wires coming from the light to the relevant wire in the connector.

That thought occurred to me, but it seemed logical that there would be a specific order, like everything else in the kit.

Bob

You can find the pin assignments and associated wire colors on the RV12 electrical schematic (Skyview or D-180 are available, so get the one that matches your configuration) at Van's RV12 support on the web site.

Pin 1 is the black wire (ground)
Pin 2 is the yellow wire (strobe power)
Pin 3 is the green wire (synch with other strobe)
Pin 4 is the red wire (NAV lgt power)
Pin 5 is not connected

Landing light is similar

Pin 1 is the black wire (ground)
Pin 2 is the green wire (not connected beyond the connector)
Pin 3 is the blue wire (not connected beyond the connector)
Pin 4 is the yellow wire (wigwag power)
Pin 5 is the red wire (landing light power)

John Salak
RV-12 #120116

Maybe this is my problem! My page 40-10 is dated 8/11/09, long before the new connectors. There is no step 9 either. Would someone check this out for me to see if I have the latest?
Page 40-10 step 9 onwards.
Jim D

Thanks to everyone for getting me pointed in the correct direction! I figured knowing Van's there would be an order to it.

Here's a link to Van's RV-12 Download page, where you can find the latest and greatest version.

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/downloads.htm#rv12

Direct download link for the instructions for the Electrical Diagram. Right mouse button - Save Target

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/download/RV-12/Electrical Schematic Instructions.pdf

There are currently 3 possible dwg files for download. Mine is the one below (RV-12 Skyview Electrical System - (Finish Kit Shipped after to 8-25-11). Right mouse button - Save Target

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/download/RV-12/SkyView-After-08-25-11_07-08-13.zip

This will download a zip file named 07-08-13.zip

Follow the instructions in the instructions file you downloaded previously. The beta site in the instructions didn't work for me. My file never seemed to load so I switched over to the older version.

You get a large dwg autocad file. Zoom into the lower right hand corner and you'll see something like below.

RV12+0+Electrical+Left+Wing+Tip.png

RV12+0+Electrical+Right+Wing+Tip.png

Mystery solved...

Thanks again!

Bob

Bringing back an old thread, I cannot find the molex connectors for the wingtip lights. I may have just lost them, or used them someplace else, but I cannot find a part number to order new ones from Vans. Would those numbers in that one diagram be the actual part numbers for the two halves? 3061056 and 3062055 are showing there.

Numbers 03-06-1056 and 03-06-2055 are Molex part numbers. I do not know what Van's part numbers are. You can order the connectors from Mouser or DigiKey. The metal pins might not come with the plastic part. DigiKey shows the part numbers for pins on the same web page as the above part numbers. The shipping will likely cost more than the parts.

Last edited:
That is a big help. The ones I do have are too large to go thru the small holes required. Did not know they made three sizes.
Thanks guys!