CubedRoot

Well Known Member
So I got an email about Seattle Avionics having their black friday sale.
I already took advantage of last years sale and got FlyQ EFB with IFR for life, and now they are offering a new deal for the existing "lifers"

https://seattleavionics.com/eCommerce/FlyQ1.aspx

They are offering access to all their stuff, even the charts for Dynon and other EFIS systems for life for half price of their "normal" black friday sale.

So, for $399 I can get everything they offer, for life. Granted I don't have my tail finished yet, and its going to be a few years before I need avionics, but I am heavily considering using Dynon down the road. I am wrestling with the thought of spending the $399 to get access to all their chart data for future use.

Thoughts?

So normal cost for charts for Dynon Systems from Seattle avionics is 99 a year I think so you prepay for 4 yrs of normal usage for a lifetime of use. This doesn't seem too bad of a deal. Of course, if Seattle Avionics goes bankrupt or ??? before you get your 4 yrs of usage out of it, you might lose your investment. When I look at the link you supplied, I dont see the $399 deal you are referring to, only the $799 for Dynon lifetime chart support.

Thomas,
the $399 is the special price on the $799 deal that they are offering folks that took advantage of the lifetime FlyQ EFB offer last year.

They sent an email to all the previous customers with the limited pricing on top of the black friday sales.

I was just about ready to order the lifetime Chart Data for Dynon when I noticed the "*" beside the price. Basically it says if the FAA increases prices for charts significantly, they reserve the right to make adjustments. Dan

Also, I've seen them offer a year's subscription for $79 to existing customers. I extended my subscription last year for this rate.